- ACM Fellow (2012)
- ACM SIGPLAN Software Award for contributions to Jikes RVM (2012)
Test of Time Papers
ACM SIGPLAN Most Influential 2000 OOPSLA Paper (2010)
Adaptive Optimization in the Jalapeño JVM by Arnold, Fink, Grove, Hind, and Sweeney.
ACM SIGPLAN Most Influential 1997 OOPSLA Paper (2007)
Call Graph Construction in Object-Oriented Languages by Grove, DeFouw, Dean, and Chambers.
ACM SIGPLAN Most Influential 1995 PLDI Paper (2005)
Selective Specialization for Object-Oriented Languages by Dean, Chambers, and Grove.
- IBM Gerstner Award for Client Excellence (2007)
- IBM Corporate Award, Real-time Garbage Collection for Java (2006)
- IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement/Innovation Awards
- Serverless Technology on IBM Cloud (2019)
- Swift@IBM (2017)
- X10 (2014)
- X10 (2012)
- Jikes Research Virtual Machine (2005)
- IBM’s Entry into Real-time Java (2005)